Friday, October 30, 2009

Part 4: Gunung Mulu World Heritage Area - Miri

The Mystical of Deer Cave / Gua Rusa

Before it was the largest in the world but now it will be known as the 2nd largest. This cave is a through-going passage where there are 2 huge entrances surrounded by lush jungle with trees several hundred years old. And it can actually contain St. Paul's Cathedral 5 times over and more than 10 aeroplanes can fit inside. Deer cave is also the home of the world's largest bat colony (I will publish Bat Exodus in Part 5). Mr. Jerry told us that few hundred years ago, deer used to shelter at this cave and this explains why the name Gua Rusa (Deer Cave) was given by the local Penan and Berawan people.

The tracker infront of the cave =)

You can find this at the entrance

Your first step thru the cave

Watch out your step!! It's too slippery

Never miss the chances by taking alot of pictures

This look like the head of the giant snake...hmmm...



You can see how big this cave really is and how tiny we are

Guono all over the cave and it's very smelly =b

This rock formation at one opening resembles the profile of Abraham Lincoln...can u believe this? Amazing huh....first entrance




A baby bats surrounded by bugs

This is called Garden of Eden because of the lush greenery, it just outside the closing resembles n last entrance.

The main hole of the cave


Part 5 (Finale) my Bat Exodus, I will bring you to explore "Bats Amazing Race"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, I live, I laugh, I cry. I've wished sometimes that I could die

This is my wish for you:

Comfort on difficult days. Smile when sadness intrudes. Rainbows to follow the clouds. Laughter to kiss your lips. Sunsets to warm your heart. Hugs when spirits sag. Beauty for your eyes to see. Friendship to brighten your being. Faith so that you can believe. Confidence for when you doubt. Courage to know yourself. Patience to accept the truth. Love to complete your life.