Friday, April 24, 2009

Miri International Jazz Festival

You like music of Jazz? Well, here some of the famous entertainment will be performing on May 8th - 9th, 2009.




Programme

Activities: International and local cuisines; merchandise and souvenirs galore

Venue: The Pavilion, Parkcity Everly Hotel, Miri Sarawak, Malaysia

Date: 8th May 2009 (Day 1, Friday)
7pm - 8pm Double Take (Malaysia)
815pm - 915pm Bombay Baja Brass Band (UK)
930pm - 1030pm John Kaizan Neptune's Steps (Japan)
1045pm - 1145pm Alamode (Australia)

Date: 9th May 2009 (Day 2, Saturday)
7pm - 8pm Dites34 (France)
815pm - 915pm Jeff Maluleke (South Africa)
930pm - 1030pm Rumba Calzada (Canada)
1045pm - 1145pm Thomson Big Band (Singapore)


Performers:

Alamode - Australia
A 6 piece jazz funk powerhouse with a sideline of soul and an occasional foray into rap...

Bombay Baja Brass Band - UK
One of Europe's leading Indian brass bands and has created their own unique style by combining popular Indian melodies together with elements of jazz...

Dites34 - France
A unique blend of traditional French folk music, contemporary jazz and pure energy....

Double Take - Malaysia
Intricately blends Roger Wang's finger-style jazz guitar wizardry with the rich and sultry voice of Mias Palencia...

Jeff Maluleke - South Africa
An award winning South African guitarist, singer and songwriter...

Rumba Calzada - Canada
Vancouver-Canadian based timbalero and bandleader, Raphael Geronimo, leads a hot ensemble of hot ensemble of players through a rhythmic workout...

Steps In Time - featuring John Kaizan Neptune - Japan
He has gained an International reputation as a innovator on the Japanese bamboo flute, the shakuhachi...

Thomson Big Band - Singapore
Is far more than a Singapore mainstay. Comprised of Singapore's top jazz artists, this vibrant ensemble has a biography...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, I live, I laugh, I cry. I've wished sometimes that I could die

This is my wish for you:

Comfort on difficult days. Smile when sadness intrudes. Rainbows to follow the clouds. Laughter to kiss your lips. Sunsets to warm your heart. Hugs when spirits sag. Beauty for your eyes to see. Friendship to brighten your being. Faith so that you can believe. Confidence for when you doubt. Courage to know yourself. Patience to accept the truth. Love to complete your life.