Wednesday, 3rd June 2009


Church of Christ The King Mt. Singai Bau
This Catholic Memorial and Pilgrimage Centre Mountain Singai, Bau was Officially Declared Open Jointly by Most Rev. Datuk Peter Chung DD, DCL, PNBS and YB. Peter Mansian, Adun Tasik Biru, Bau. Blessed and Dedicated to Christ The King and as Centre for Pilgrimages During the Jublee Year 2000 by Most Rev. Datuk Peter Chung DD, DCL, PNBS on 21 November 1999 (feast of Christ The King). May All Who Come to This Centre Know the Presence of Christ, Experience and Joy of His Friendship and Grow in His Love.





This Mini-Amphitheatre, Built for Our Youth in Appreciation of Their Role in the Local Church was Blessed by His Grace Archbishop John Ha on 1st August 2004 as Part of the 50th Anniversary Celebration of His Grace Archbishop Emeritus Dato Sri Peter Chung to the Priesthood.
We Acknowledged with Deep Gratitude, the Many Friends and benefactors for Their Financial Support and the Many Hours of Free Labour Contributed by the Parishioners of St. Stephen's Parish, Bau Through Gotong Royong Toward the Project.
May God Bless Them Abundantly.
CMPC Committee, Mt. Singai, Bau Sarawak - 1st August 2004




'Koi' Fish

This Old Belian Stump is the Remnant of the First Church Built at this Site by Rev. Fr. Felix Westerwoudt in 1885
Mountain Singai is located at Bau, nearer to Kampung Segong, Opar, Barieng and so many more villages (I can't recall). This mountain should I call belong to the people of Bidayuh and to CMPCM (Catholic Memorial and Pilgrimage Centre). The first step I saw is a wooden 'path' and a wooden staircase. It made me think for a while "How on earth they manage to complete the final steps? but God was their with them. I was so amazed and impressed. Along the way, I've took some few pictures (alots actually!!). And each check points telling us a short story of how our lord Jesus Christ suffer by carrying our sins. Because I was so busy taking pictures along the way, I forgot how long for us to reach to the Memorial Centre. And guess what?? on that day I just wearing a slippers, it's not safe enough but luckily the day is very hot. Till today I'm still wondering why am I not feeling tired climbing the hundred steps. But I remember before the trip to the mountain, in my heart I've alot of 'problems' but after visiting this sacred place, I feel so peaceful and I manage to forget everything that burden me in my past.
There's no need for me to explain every pictures coz for me 'thru picture it show everything'. Well, following are the pictures that I took during the day and hope enjoy the journey by looking at it from the bottom of the page:
We Acknowledged with Deep Gratitude, the Many Friends and benefactors for Their Financial Support and the Many Hours of Free Labour Contributed by the Parishioners of St. Stephen's Parish, Bau Through Gotong Royong Toward the Project.
May God Bless Them Abundantly.
CMPC Committee, Mt. Singai, Bau Sarawak - 1st August 2004

wah. a lot of photos. i went there too but didn't take a lot of it. you're right it's peaceful there. cheers!
ReplyDeleteyup..its a very peaceful place. =)
ReplyDelete