Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

Every year on 14 February, people around the world celebrate Valentine’s Day. For me Valentine's is every day, even during my single life by helping Rumah Kebajikan. The meaning of valentine for me is very universal, it’s not all about love for your special ones but it's for all ages; your parents, friends and families. Coz the main reason is about Love. I still remember on my youth year, where I create a Valentine’s Card by myself, hoping that he will keep it as a memory even when our relationships turn into nothing. And I know he still keep it. Now, I’m in my marriage life, I don’t ask anything from my hubby during valentine, but what I hope is he will love me for who I am, as I accept him for what he was. Well, that’s my own opinion about Valentine’s Day.

And the history of Valentine, we should know, for me to love something is to know the history. Valentine’s Day is a patron saint day. Catholic Church recognizes at least 3 different saints named Valentine or Valentinus, all of whom are were martyred saints of ancient Rome. This means there are 3 different Saint Valentines, but all of them is martyrs and mention in the early martyrologies under the date of 14th February. 2 of the saint lived in the third century A.D. by 1 being a bishop of Interamna (now known as Terni, Italy) and the other is a priest of Rome. But some speculate that these 2 figures were actually the same man. Saint Valentine, according to romantic legend, he was a kind-hearted Roman priest who married young couples against the wishes of Emperor Claudius II and was beaten and beheaded for his deeds on the 14th February.


A Prayer to St. Valentine
Dear Saint and glorious martyr, Teach us to love unselfishly and to find great joy in giving. Enable all true lovers to bring out the best in each other in God and in God in each other.


My Valentine's Prayer for My Hubby
"I Love You" the 3 little words that I will never lie. From the heart and the mind you are the one He create for me. He sent you to me to erase my pain, to be my shoulder to cry on. When I was down you were there for me. Never will I regret you. Today, by accepting the way you are is the greatest gift that I've given you. As the stars shine when the dark night fall, as my love for you will shine until the last day of my life
~ YuNNa ~


My Valentine's Prayer for My Ex's
I've "Love You" once. Once mean on the day we are in love. The day we're holding hands and watching the star thru the dark night. Where the moment we talked about how much we love each other and you promised me you will love me forever. Time pass-by and we're apart. I accept what happen between us coz I believe love dosen't really mean together. I never regret and never will I hate you when you let me down and left me in the dark. Today, the love that we've shared is history, will be kept as a memory. Now, I pray for you, that you will always be happy with someone new in your life
~ YuNNa ~

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

You will never know true happiness until you have truly loved, and you will never understand what pain really is until you have lost it.
~ by Anonymous ~


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres

~ 1 Corinthians 13:4 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, I live, I laugh, I cry. I've wished sometimes that I could die

This is my wish for you:

Comfort on difficult days. Smile when sadness intrudes. Rainbows to follow the clouds. Laughter to kiss your lips. Sunsets to warm your heart. Hugs when spirits sag. Beauty for your eyes to see. Friendship to brighten your being. Faith so that you can believe. Confidence for when you doubt. Courage to know yourself. Patience to accept the truth. Love to complete your life.